Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I have a 98 tib with an auto.....yeah I know....anyway I had to have the tranny rebuilt about 15000 miles ago, the car has 130000 on it now. but anyway i was coming out of one of those traffic circles pretty fast and as I was coming out of the turn and going into the next one, (kinda like an S thing) I lost pull, the car just reved, anyway I left off the gas and when I applied gas again the car pulled fine and I drove it the twelve miles or so home, I talked to my mechanic, and he said that the fluid in the tranny could be low and therefore the pickup might not have been able to move the oil because of the harse turn thereby resulting in my dilema....so when I got home I tried to check the oil level but those dipsticks are so hard to read! So if any one has had this happen before clue me in, im open to any ideas, I really can't afford to replace the tranny again!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, because I just had it rebuilt and not replaced the warranty is long since expired, But the car seems to be driving great. I mean, when it went out before it didn't mess around, it just went.

·
Registered
959 Posts
i don't think its really an issue yet. if it gets worse then check it. i have a stage 3 clutch in my car, and its a great clutch and works great, but sometimes the temp is right, the rpms are right, and the humidity is right, that is slips once in awhile

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've heard of the axle popping out on hard turns. This is probably the cause. After you straightened out the axle popped back in. It's weird that it even happens in the first place, but if one side pops out, your car wont go forward. Make sure there's not too much play in the lower control arm. That might cause the axle to pop out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts