Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so veryone with an accent knows it tops at 135...

if i'm gonna put money into my car, i wanna be able to at least get to 150-160 so the power would actually be worth my time. right now 135 comes and more is to be desired.
what should i do to squeeze some more mph out of the tranny? i'm not gonna swap in a beta tranny. so the tranny mods i can think of are basically upgraded differential, and an fgr adjustment part.

what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
If your motor is strong you can up the redline a bit and I think kspec sells a longer 5th gear for the accent I think you have to special order it because they are only advertising longer gears for the beat tranny.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
where are you going 135..? Do you really need to A. Go that fast B. Need the extra 20mph?

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
is there any way to make the shifter shift more smoothly?

seriously the syncro's are so...unrefined,
would taking apart the tranny and smoothin out the edges of the syncro do anything?

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ totally off topic. but the shifter is fine. just get the twm short shifter and learn how to drive. (ha smooth out syncro's...)

yea i pictured being turbo and nitrous fed and racing from a dig and having an srt-4 until we get to 135 then he flies by.... same thing with from a roll, even if i was qick to spool and jump him by a car. since we would accelerate so fast, the race would be over soon because he would fly by when i'm at 135 and he'll be around 160.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Originally posted by rbuecker
[body]
Theoretically if you get a 205/50R18 tire you can hit about 159 mph in 5th gear at redline with the M5AF3.
[/body]
factually... will those fit on his accent? lol at the current time, longer final drive gear seems to be the only solution, this may affect acceleration as well though. check out level10.com for tranny work...

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
turbo and nitrous will take up for the loss of acceleration with the fgr. thanx for that tranny site although nothing there will help me...

[Edited by thegrim on Nov 21, 2005 8:50 AM]

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Originally posted by X3Jason
[body]
Originally posted by rbuecker
[body]
Theoretically if you get a 205/50R18 tire you can hit about 159 mph in 5th gear at redline with the M5AF3.
[/body]
factually... will those fit on his accent? lol at the current time, longer final drive gear seems to be the only solution, this may affect acceleration as well though. check out level10.com for tranny work...
[/body]
we're talking about getting an accent above 135 mph, why start talking factually now *duck* :p

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ ur spose to be helpin man. whats gonna happen when u race ur bud in his turbo swapped srt-4 and you keep up with him until 135, but then he keeps going.... all that time and money invested gets waisted...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts