Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty. I have a 97 elantra auto, and I need a tranny. I took it to the shop and they said i welded everything together, yay. Now what I need to know is what other year vehicles and what other vehicles have the same tranny as mine. FOR EXAMPLE: I took the pulse generators off of a 2001 tiburon auto and they worked with my car. I need to know what year elantras and what year tiburons share my tranny so when I call around to junk yards, my search won't be so limited. I know the 96-98 elantra has the same tranny....but other than that Im not so sure. Help me out if possible. Thanks.

PS: AND I only want someone to respond if they know 100% for sure, because im not going to throw down 500 bux on a used tranny and not even have it fit. Thanks again

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just called and asked them the same question. They didn't answer my question they just tried selling me one of theirs. $1,100 shipped. I called around here and they go for 400-500 pulled....half that price if i pull myself. Thanks for the suggestion man.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
To determine what other trannys fit, you're going to have to go to http://www.hmausa.com/ and look up part numbers for different model years... (that's where I would start)...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts