Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. I'm new to the site but not to Hyundai. I'm an "ex-" Kia owner so, I am very familiar with the company and the rep that H has. I recently came into ownership of a 99 accent. I'm very happy with the car and she runs great however... it's an automatic. I want to swap it out for a manual tranny. I have the resources and the help to get it done as well as other friends on my other kia car club site. (it's in my profile) Am I able to do this and if so, what do I need to watch for and what manual tranny can I use for my model year accent? Thanks in advance.

:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cmon guys.. I know SOMEONE out there has some knowledge about a tranny swap... give me something to work with here.. please!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*sigh* :( So, no one has done this or has any knowledge on this @ all?! :eek: I was truly hoping to find someone on here with some knowledge at least. I'm looking to get this done ASAP so, I'll keep you guys posted when I do get it done. In the mean time, if ANYONE AT ALL knows anything please let me know.

spek5

·
Registered
151 Posts
send a message online to erikgsi, he is a member of this forum. he is my broinlaw & has a 98 accent x3 is a/b to turbo that baby & is gonna do the auto to manual swap also. contact him & he'd prob be more than happy to guide ya in the right path.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please email me at [email protected]
I can help you out im sure and im a nissan master and ase master tech.
Forgot i took the ase tests until i just got them two days ago
Roger that Erikgsi. I will be mailing you today. I have a friend that has done the swap as well but, he done his in a Sephia so, it's not quite the same so, if you could guide us through it for the accent, that would be great! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts