Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Hyundai XG300. When I shift into reverse, it takes about 3 - 5 seconds to "catch." I also feel a jolt. I bought new tires and when I was getting the tires aligned, the guy told me to open up my hood, and then he showed me that when you put a bit of gas on it (he was braking as well), the engine started jumping out of it's frame! It moved at least 1 - 1.5 inches. He told me my transmission was shot, and it's making my engine work too hard.

I knew I was having problems with my trannie, so I took it to the dealership when it was under 60000 miles (it 66000 now) and they told me it was just a computer problem, and that they "fixed it." It seems I'm SOL because these bastards tricked me.

I got new tires and was told that I can't even get an alignment because the engine "jumping" would ruin it again. He said that I should get new motor mounts at least, and that maybe that's it, drive it till it dies. I'd like to hear what you guys have to say. I'm not willing to put too much more money into this car, but who knows, maybe you guys know something I don't (I'm sure you do). I'd appreciate any suggestions or help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts