Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home last night when all of the sudden my car started messing up. Basically I push in the clutch, the car allowed me to go into gear (or so I think) but when I let off the clutch I got nothing. I tried this in all the gears and got the same thing. Then finally the clutch pedal stuck to the floor board.

This is my 2004 Tiburon gt with a 6sp manual.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I was affraid of that. Is it common for it to break in the engaged position like this? IE allowing me to move the shifter in and out of the gear positions.

Yeah I'm prob going to upgrade, I had been planning on doing it anyhow, and I don't see any reason to replace the POS with another POS.

Would a stage 3 be ok for daily driving?? I really don't wanna have this happen again. The Mrs was not happy about having to pick me and my buddy up at 1AM. LOL

·
Registered
59 Posts
Try this (I don't know if it's the same in cars with hydraulic clutch, but for those vith cable clutch that's usualy the thing): go to the car, start the engine, put in first gear, insert your left feet under the clutch pedal and lift it. If the car moves forward, you're lucky: it's just the spring that keeps the pedal up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts