Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have been having some trouble with my 98 hyundai tiburon. I really no nothing about cars so I am gonna describe the problem the best I can and maybe one you can give me some answers. First off, the engine makes a light ticking sound while its idle. Secondly, when I get up to speeds between 50-70, the engine is very loud. Thridly, when I take my foot of the gas and let the car decelerate, the car shakes and is even louder than at higher speeds. Last but not least, driving at normal local speeds around 25-35, the car takes bumps very rough and the car feels like its gonna fall apart. I know, its so sad. Well theres the problems but not sure what to tell the mechanics what exactly is wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

-Eric

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
uuh dude youre in liverpool. i have friday and saturday off and would love to check out your car for you. i am in syracuse but my parents live in fulton, i drive right past liverpool at least twice a week. if you wanna take a trip up to fulton my buddy has a garage that we usually work in. its nothing big but we got a full toolset, welder, etc etc. i drive a 93 scoupe turbo and hes got a 2000 elantra, should be able to help you out no problem :)

email me and ill give you my cell phone #.

**EDIT**

at the email in my profile btw.

and nice website, looks like you do some pretty decent stuff. props.

[Edited by beppomarx on Oct 18, 2005 3:46 PM]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think the ticking is normal and i drove a dodge neon before the tiburon

quote]Originally posted by wilburisthecoolest
[body]
hmmm... ticking's normal, btw, what car did you drive before this one? ill explain more later...
[/body]
[/quote]

·
Registered
101 Posts
the symptons is similar to my other car I had years ago.

one of your pistons has stopped working and does your car sound like a lawnmover?
take your car to the mechanic asap, they can diagnose and pressure test your engine.

they can probably give you the fault and repair description straightaway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts