Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
could somebody please measure there trunk cause im making a sub box and i dont want to make it to big.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Well, it's not a perfect sqaure, but

Height: From the floor to the lowest part of the trunk is about 11 inches (it could be taller, just depends on how close you want to make it. 12 inches would be close, but you may run in to some problems keeping the hatch cover on). The lowest part of the trunk is the back, or where the latch is. The highest part is up near the seat, it's about 13 inches to where removable hatch cover lays level

Width: 37 inches between the narrowest part of the wheel wells. As the trunk goes back it gets wider.

Length. From the top of the seats to the back of the hatch is 27 inches. This is the narrowest part. From the base of the seats to the back of the hatch is about 29 inches.

Hope this helps.

[Edited by BlackTibby on Sep 22, 2004 9:08 PM]

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
Originally posted by pyro
[body]
could somebody please measure there trunk cause im making a sub box and i dont want to make it to big.
[/body]
Why can't you measure it?

Although Blacktibby is a reliable source, I still wouldn't trust anyone elses measurements. I would want to get in there and look to see how it will fit before I started cutting wood.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
^^ Good advice dude, that's why I was conservative with my measurements. I'd hate to be responsible for f-ing up someones project.

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
Well, even though I am sure it will fit, I am from the school that believes there is more to bulding a box then making a cube. Sure, sometimes a basic design fits peoples lifestyle but especially with a hatch, you want everything to fit perfectly and flow with the car (IMO). I am not realy into car stereo that much anymore. but I still appreciate a nice clean install.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya thanx for the measurements i dont have my tiburon yet but its comming and i would like to build my box so that when i do get it everything will be ready..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
which way should i face my subs in a hatchback

[Edited by pyro on Sep 23, 2004 3:10 PM]

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
Originally posted by pyro
[body]
ya thanx for the measurements i dont have my tiburon yet but its comming and i would like to build my box so that when i do get it everything will be ready..
[/body]
You need to learn patience if you are going to have a quality ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts