Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2003 accent trunk rattles so bad from my speakers it makes me want to jump out while still driving. i have checked and tried everything i can think of and cant get it to stop. has anyone had the same problem? any ideas? help!!!!!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Make sure its not the liscense plate, buy some stick on foam stuff and run it around the outside back of the plate then put it back on. Also check the plastic piece above the plate (if you have one). My system broke the plastic where the screw holds it on underneath so I had to stuff some foam up under it to stop it from rattling.

·
Registered
9 Posts
get dynamat in the trunk hath, a wedge kit for the license plate, and foam the the plastice around the rear window, worked perfectly for me, i had the exact same problem

·
Registered
886 Posts
2 Eclipse Aluminum 10's 1800 watts and no rattles
I have two layers of Dynomat on the trunk lid, dynomat behind the lincense plate, I added two screws to the bottum of the plate, I loosed the hook that he lid grabs and moved it down a little bit causing the trunk to close tighter.

The electrical tape is a good idea too though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I GOT 4 10" SUBS AND 2 6"X9" AND 1600 WATTS. I HAD TROUBLE WITH MINE TOO. ON THE INSIDE NEAR THE EDGES OF THE TRUNK LID THERE ARE LITTLE RUBBER NOBS THAT UNSCREW TO ADJUST YOUR TRUNKS TIGHTNESS WHILE CLOSING AND BEING CLOSED. IT WONT HURT YOUR CAR.;):

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've got 3 24" rockford fosgate kickers with 4800watts, no rattles here...

c'mon guys, if your listening for rattles, in cars made of plastic, you'll find them. I've replaced my rearview mirror(x2), foamed my trunk, and coated the seams in my door pannels with silicone. there are still ralltes... there will always be rattles...

but if you cant live with that, like me... simple solution, silicone, dynamat(expensive and heavy), and many kinds of foam(sprays, stickys, insulating). easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts