Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was recently on Shark Racing's website and i saw a kit for a 95-99 accent. will that kit fit my 95 scoupe? from what i can see the motors are the same but im juts looking at the outside...... are they the same g4ek motors with updated sensors and harness on the accent? :??:

plz help me.......

lataz,

bill Zimmer

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
The hard parts would fit, but most of the electronics wont.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you explain what you mean? i under stand that the hard parts would be the turbo n all..... what electonics do i need? do you know what stuff comes in the shark kit?

thanks in advance.............

lataz,

Bill Zimmer

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Are you talking about their complete kit or just the starter kit (manifold and downpipe essentially)? If its the starter kit, it will fit but its a rip off for what you're getting in my opinionated opinion.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
$950 for a turbo manifold and a dowmnpipe IS a ripoff

couldn't they have at least sold it as a non intercooled turbo kit like Tim From speedfactor is?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, i think its a starter kit with all the needed tubing....... non intercooled. uummmm..... i think i can get a scoupe turbo manifold from work and get the piping from the local exhaust shop, but where do i find a quality new or used turbo? what will i need to do to get like 5 or 6 psi? do i need to get a fmu? also whats a "s-afc"? i see people talking about it......... i maen im not really new to the game or anything but i am courious about forced induction and want to go turbo instead of a beta swap right not......any one gotta turbo on their car that they want to sell so they can upgrade?

please get back wif me.

lataz,

bill z

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
well, the shark racing site doens't seem to be very detailed in pic' about the starter kit.
it makes the buyer think..i'm paying almost a grand for that manifold?

i was really really seriousy hoping Tim from speed-factor would design & Make an non-intercooled starter kit for the G4ED..but for him, it's all about the betas.. "Mad Scoff"

I wonder how much a price difference is for a shop to make one for you versus the one from shark racing

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
s-afc is Apexi's Super Air Flow Converter. It's a piggyback computer that allows you to modify your fuel curve, and generally your car will run better and stronger if modified with the s-afc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts