Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about buying a little turbo kit from my freind, its from an eclipse gst. ill get the turbo , intercooler, and injectors. all for a hundred bucks(good friend)other than plumbing and an exhaust manifold, and other misc parts what else do i need? ive done some research here on HP but have come up with mixed results as what i need for engine/fuel management i only plan to run about 5 lbs. will just an safc w/ 195lb pump do ? msd ignition ? bigger MAF ? ecu reflash ? rising rate regulator? any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
omgbossis21 shared an interesting bit about using an safc2 hooked up to a map sensor instead of tps, you might want to look into that :)

the manifold dictates everything about your setup,without it a project can never really advance from "parts-collection."

without knowing what you define as other misc parts, i'll toss in the usual oil feed/drain lines, fittings for the oil pan, t connectors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry for being so vauge.i know what i need as far as hardware.

all i really wanted to know about was, what type of fuel delivery system/engine management would i need to run boost safely? stand alones are not an option.
i was looking for the most economical/simple/commonly used route.

while still being safe, of course. Thanks alot!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts