Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
I am having a meetign with one of my Korean contacts tomorrow who is able to import parts from Korea for us. I am hoping to get better pricing for the Champion turbo manifolds, as well as complete turbo kits for the Excel, Accent, Coupe and Elantra.

Will let oyu know more tomorrow.

Cheers

Bretton
www.PerformanceStylingCentre.com.au

[Edited by bretton on Sep 21, 2004 3:22 AM]

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey bretton i was wondering if you will ever be stocking performace parts for the GETZ?
and if yes, when? and what?
thanks mate!: ):lol:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hye checked out PSC web site only advertises turbo manifolds for the beta engines, is there going to be some turbo manifolds coming for the alpha's? (x3's)?? If so how much we looking $$ ?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hi Furball,

Yes, within a month we hope to have the Champion turbo manifolds for the Excel SOHC & DOHC, Accent DOHC, Beta I and Beta II engines all available. We are also working on some bolt on turbo kits for all 95 onwards 4 cylinder Hyundais, and with all going well will haevb these starting to come on lne from the end of October.

For the Excel SOHC, the S-Coupe turbo manifold will bolt right on up, and costs around $280-320 through Hyundai spare parts. The design is not the most efficient, but still works well and the Garret T15, T2, T25 and T28 turbo's all bolt straight up.

Cheers

Bretton

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
really?? that is an awesome price, and a direct bolt on, , hey it may not flow too well but at least it gets u up and running. and if it is that cheap from the spare parts division imagine what price u could get froma wreckers for :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
From the best I can find out, only 70-80 of the turbo S-Coupe were sold in Australia.

One is mine, another has had it's blown turbo engine replaced with an Excel DOHC engine by HVE a few years ago, a third one was written off and at Hyunwreck's yard 5 years ago, a fourth one has been wrecked by a rear-ender and the complete engine/drivetrain/wiring/ecu etc is residing about 20m from my desk at the PSC office, and a turbo manifold and and turbo casing with dump pipe is hanging near by too (tho in very poor condition).

Last time I bought one from Hyundai to send to a customer in Europe, around 6 months ago, they still had 2 left in stock.

Even if you find a second hand manifold at a wreckers, the condition may not be the best as the extreme heat will over time cause it to crack.

As for flowing, the new ones will almost certainly flow better than the OEM S-Coupe ones, which are a log design and not too efficient at higher revs, tho well matched for the standard GT15 turbo fitted to the S-Coupe which gives its best between 2,000 rpm and 5,000 rpm.

Cheers

Bretton

1 - 11 of 11 Posts