Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a Turbo manifold for a 2.0 on to there 1.6 does it line up to the motor i know i would have to redrill the hole but can it be done

·
Registered
33 Posts
no, it doesnt line up, i made the mistake of buying one off ebay and not checking the holes first. they are off by about 1/4"

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The hardest part for me is trying to find a manifold i cant buy on off shark or kdm bc there for a t3 turbo i have a t25 for the faster spole up time

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
EXACT56 said:
i have a t25 for the faster spole up time
Every time i see that I laugh...your just robbing yourself...who cares if you spool up at 1k rpm rather than 3k...its better for you gas mileage wise and power wise. You have the bigger turbo on there so you can get better hp gains at a lower psi. Its safer running a t3 at 10psi than it is to run a t25 at 14-15 psi just to get 170 to the wheels....wouldnt you agree?

Either way your not racing anyone from 1k anyway your going to be 4k or higher right? so the turbo is going to be fully spooled in both turbos at that point.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
GregsterGSi said:
just use a stock manifold with a flange welded on it
+1 for genius.

Not kidding, cause that will cost you all of... hmm.. $45 for the flange? And find someone with a flux core weilder cause you can weild cast to mild steel with that. I have, and its been over a year and it holds with no leaks.

·
Registered
706 Posts
wilburisthecoolest said:
+1 for genius.

Not kidding, cause that will cost you all of... hmm.. $45 for the flange? And find someone with a flux core weilder cause you can weild cast to mild steel with that. I have, and its been over a year and it holds with no leaks.
Even if you need to make a new one every year a stock manifold is like 60$

1 - 12 of 12 Posts