Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know b4 i think of getting a ZEX nitrous kit, Is ZEX on a turbo motor a bad mix?

If not, what upgrades should i do b4 running ZEX?
I have MSD DIS-2 and i hear its perfect for nitrous cuz u can retard the system for nitrous

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Nitrous will actually help your turboed car to a certain extent. Nitrous is very cold and as such helps prevent the onset of detonation due to inlet temperatures. Just be wise with the amount of nos you use and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've wanted to try this idea too. I've been told several times to make sure you use a wet kit. The other thing I'd recommend is another step colder plug and correct gapping. If I was going to do it, I'd lower boost a few PSI and start small with a 30shot but this varies depending on who you talk to, I had one shop tell me I wouldn't have to worry about it. If you try it let us know your results. :devious:

edit: I noticed you have the 4g63t engine. The NX Wet Kit JAWS was talking about can be used for the turbo eclipses. Another step in the right direction. Wait and see if you can get a used one here on the forums. I bought one for $350 (I never used it but it is still a decent deal). And if I can find the website of the sales guy up at the local track I will post it. He sells the NX Wet Kit for $400 brand new, I believe.

[Edited by X3Jason on Sep 28, 2004 9:43 AM]

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
The turbo alone should be enough if your turbo is small enough to spool off the line. Once you get to over 350whp, the turbo that you are most likely using, will probably need a nitrous supplement to spool off the line. I'm using a t3/t4 and have no real problems getting power off the line, but I have an NX DP nitrous kit already installed just in case.;):

Go with NX if you're tht serious about racing.

[Edited by JonGTR on Sep 30, 2004 5:08 AM]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts