Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a turbo on my 03 accent. what should i use for injectors and fuel pump? what about computer?

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
damn, ur car looks alot like my old one. i have things for a turbo for sale in here
http://hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=69645&p=1

and here are pix of my old car.

http://hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=69860

[Edited by thegrim on Nov 27, 2005 5:03 PM]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are right! I better go see if my car is still outside. Almost the same right down to the radio. I'm not ready to buy parts yet, i would like to get more info before i do. what about the computer ? will the stock one work with the turbo? how did the nitrous work for you? how fast?

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
you would need a standalone or piggyback for tuning the computer. the nitrous was good. with a 50 shot, i ran 15.2, although i had some other small mods to go with it, like tires, exhaust, and intake...

·
Registered
163 Posts
is a 50 shot safe, I'm just in the process of installing my kit, I was just gunna use a 35 shot....

how did you tap into the fuel line???

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
sharkracing is trash, dont buy anything from them, overpriced and way under delivered. as for the nitrous, i ran my own custom fuel line from the tank to the rail. you can do what accent95 did and just install a fitting on the test port end of the rail and go from there. it handles a 50 shot fine. i ran 75 shot twice and it killed my clutch, but the motor held.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The turbo kit is a snap. I used a Apexi Safc II, DSM injectors, Oil cooler adapter, oil lines, DSM turbo, Custom welded headers, and side mount intercooler. I would strongly would tell anyone buy a a/f gauge and a boost gauge. Any thing else, feel free to post.

·
Registered
93 Posts
izapyou what did you do as far as tuning ur ecu? i mean i could always get the one from sharkracing but as was said earlier they are very pricey and i would rather not.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Mike whatcha doin?

·
Registered
163 Posts
could someone show a pic of the test port on the fuel rail, i dont know what it is, im a idiot...

[Edited by ACCENTuner on Dec 3, 2005 10:08 AM]

·
Registered
218 Posts
The setup was roughly $600, but it does take time though to build yourself such a kit. I am running 5 psi to break in everything, but i think I would only boost to 8 psi max. Im having no problems as of yet, with a 14b DSM first gen turbo.

·
Registered
218 Posts
A must get a APEXI SAFC II thats all im using with talon injectors. All that ecu from sharkracing is for a stand alone setup, my car has a check engine light on only when Im boosting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't bother with a SAFC II if you plan to take the car further because you will just have to upgrade it to a stand alone type anyway so don't be cheap now and cost yourself more in the long run. Get something like a Motec M400, Microtech LTX10 or a Haltech (think thats spelt right) E6K they will all handle anything you through at them and you won't be constantly having problems. Also for injectors go for something about 550cc because unless you do something really wrong they will be overkill for your application.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
izapyou thanks for the info,i have never boosted a car so your help is very much appreciated. do you have any pics of your setup? is there anything you would do different if yu had to do it again?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts