Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about going turbo on my 2000 elantra so i was looking at the shark racing turbo kits and they have three stages. Which stage would be good and what kind of power increase (roughly) would the turbo kit give me. Also does that kit have everything i need or would i still have to get other parts. Does anyone know about how much a expert would charge to install it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
personally, these kits look like a rip off unless you're not mechanically inclined. If you don't know much about cars, then I would got with a stage 1. Stage 2 gives you the same everything except it gives you a larger fuel pump and injectors. Also, stage 2 gives you the head components, and if you're not mechanically inclined, there's no point in going that route because head work might be out of your league. Stage 1 is a basic "bolt on" while stage 2 is a bit more involved then a bolt-on. If on the other hand you know a lot about cars, and really want to understand how and why a turbo works, then build your own kit. I learned so much about turbos when i built mine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply do you happen to know about how much power can i add with the turbo kit.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Depends on the size of turbo you want to run, and how complicatd you want the systems to be. The question oughta be, how much power do you want and what your budget is. Being able to answer these questions will help us to help you.

Welcome to the forums btw.;):

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thinking about spending $3000-3500 dollars. i was looking at some bolt on turbo kits but dont know how much power i would get out of it and if a bolt on would be worth it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
well then for a basic turbo kit, stage 1 is nice. Everything seems like it will add about another 50 HP, but can't tell u for sure because i don't see any dyno charts to prove that, just what I think it should be around with proper tuning. I would look into buying a superchip SCT tuning package for it. That runs a few hundred on top of the price of the stage 1 kit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts