Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking around, jumping from forum to forum to get my facts straight and check my answers for my homework. So I'm the proud owner of a 2000 Hyundai Tiburon RD (yes the ugly model) and plan on turbocharging and tuning it. I did some research and came to the conclusion that my 2.0 has a pretty strong block & internals which is perfect for my plans, however the strengh stops at the pistons.

I'm not trying to run crazy numbers since this is my daily driver after all (I know never start a project on your daily driver but I have other means of transportation while it's down). 215-245 HP is plenty fine especially w/ the low curb weight, I just wanna know if I'll have to rebuild the internals or if I'll be good with leaving them untouched?

·
Registered
12 Posts
So not sure about your turbo knowledge but basically your question involves it. Your engine has a compression ratio of 10.3:1. This leaves a small margin of error for boost. You could safely getabout 5 pounds of boost which won't be very noticeable. I would suggest a replacement piston and connecting rod combo to take that ratio down to 9.5:1. Also whenever adding boost you need to add available fuel i.e.: bigger injectors and higher flowfuel pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts