Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on building my car into a sleeper, but I'm not sure if it is worth adding a turbo or supercharger. The car has 260,000 kms. I've also been thinking about doing an engine swap with a Veloster Turbo. I don't know much about them and compatibility with the engine. I'm not much of a gearhead, but I know enough about cars and engines to do most of it myself. The car has the 1.6L DOHC Inline 4. If I would do a different car, which one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
at first all I did was cut the last little piece off the exhaust pipe which contained the muffler. Today as I was driving off, my muffler cracked right before the resonator. Now my pipe ends right after a sensor on the exhaust. I'm going to put a piece of pipe where the exhaust pipe was cuz I hate it ending right under me. I'm also going to be finishing my cold air intake on this car. Got a k&n filter and am going to use pipe from home to create it. My problem is that I'll need to move the battery if I want it far enough away from the engine to actually be a cold air intake.
About the engine swap, the people who did it, were using a 2011 accent.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For my cold air intake, I would have to move my battery back a bit so my cold air intake can fit between the battery and the front of the car. I would be diying the battery mount along with the piping for the cold air intake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts