Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have supercharger in my accent what do you guys think about adding turbo and make supercharger spool turbo \???

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Get ready for some pretty serious headaches.:p

·
Registered
41 Posts
I personally haven't seen a single person accomplish this feat successfully. The main reason being due to the following:

Turbos are regulated by air flow and will push the air into the supercharger that is regulated by the belt. This can cause massive damage to the supercharger and your engine. Further, if the setup is not exact, if the supercharger spools faster than the turbo you use, then the suction would spool the turbo as well causing the exhaust side to pull air from the head causing another set of problems.

I watched a guy try this on his Integra with a very well built engine and fried just about everything under his hood. The turbo even had to be rebuilt while the supercharger wasn't even reusable after snapping the spin rod.

Be prepared for the worst.
:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
if you want to go down that road ,you're better off twin charging it with dual SC's....There a guy on NewTiburon.com that has a vortech blower feeding into an assassin SC.....its pretty bad ass, but it took quite a bit of money and fab time. although i dont know what his reliability issues are

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
that would be ready2play. and i agree with what everyone else said. though you can twin charge your motor, not what you want though

·
Registered
5 Posts
yea i forgot his name yesterday.....he has a badass ride.....definitely one of, if not my favorite tiburon out there......i was just saying that if thats what he wants to do the possibility is out there

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
I personally haven't seen a single person accomplish this feat successfully. The main reason being due to the following:

Turbos are regulated by air flow and will push the air into the supercharger that is regulated by the belt. This can cause massive damage to the supercharger and your engine. Further, if the setup is not exact, if the supercharger spools faster than the turbo you use, then the suction would spool the turbo as well causing the exhaust side to pull air from the head causing another set of problems.

I watched a guy try this on his Integra with a very well built engine and fried just about everything under his hood. The turbo even had to be rebuilt while the supercharger wasn't even reusable after snapping the spin rod.

Be prepared for the worst.
:cool:
And that my friends, is why bypass valves exist.:p

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hey do a search this has been done. Accent1 from long ago performed this little feat. Neat car, not as fast as it should have been but a fixed budget will do that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts