Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please could some one help me with a few things, i would like to know what i need to turbo me accent ( with beta 2.0l in it but not yet tho) things like the wiring part, i no i need the turbo,intercooler,piping,manifold, but what else its more the sensors and wiring thats needed. so if any one can help. thanks

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
wireing and sensors? Not sure what you mean but new injectors and posssibly a new fuel pump would also be needed. Remember a turbo is basicly the addition of more air so to compensate you need more fuel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
well, its related 2 wat he was talking about, its all about the fuel, u put more air, gotta get more fuel in, so u gotta basically find a way 2 tune your fuel management system either through an AFC, FMU, or a StandAlone.

an AFC basically manipulates input signals from your MAF Sensor n lies 2 your ECU so u can manipulate the Fuel output.

i dont kno a damn thing about FMU's

and Standalones, they r the most expensive way 2 go, but if u put one in, u plug it up 2 your laptop, and u can litterally tune anything and everything on your car. if u got a cylinder knocking, u shut fuel n spark 2 it 2 make it home in one piece, control fuel, get feedback from every sensor in your engine, like oil pressure, knock sensors, n etc.

personally i cant afford it, dont have a laptop, n probably couldnt install it so im gonna use an AFC. as long as u can cut n solder, n follow a wiring diagram, its pretty basic wiring

·
Registered
842 Posts
my sig has a decent list for you to start w/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts