Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it doesn't look like I'm ever going to do it.. I spend wayy too much time working on the motorcycle I have, and I just picked up a '78 KZ1000 frame and engine.. like I needed another money hole. :nervous:

Anyway, I have a BRAND NEW t25 garrett turbo (never ever been used!) with turbine and compressor A/R ratio's of .42 and .40. I will check to be sure which is which, I forget. This is the PEFFECT size for low to moderate boost, around 7-10+ PSI, on a 1.5/1.6 engine, or even low boost around 7 PSI on a 1.8 or so. This is the same turbo Rab71 used, if anybody remebers him or he is still around.. we used to chat back in the day. Anyway, it worked GREAT for him at 7 and 10 or so PSI. This turbo is a standard garrett with the standard inlet and outlet flage, which happens to be the SAME as the easily availible scoupe turbo manifold. It is also used by nissan, making it easy to fit up unlike a DSM specific turbo.

I also have 2.0L beta injectors, a 2g DSM fuel pump from an AWD model (flows the most), and an o2 housing, or 'j pipe' from a FWD SR20DET powered nissan (bluebird and such). This dump pipe is the exact patern that this turbo uses and bolts right up, and curves in (like a J) under the turbo, instead of away like the commonly availible RWD SR20DET dump pipe/o2 housings. HARD TO FIND AND CRITICAL!

As proven before, you can run a turbo this size with tib injectors and a tib MAF (which I don't have, but are easy to find) and a higher rate fuel pump and be VERY close to the fuel delivery that you need. A rising rate fuel pressure regulator or FMU of around 2:1, which is still very safe) and you are there. Fine tuning with an SAFC helps of course though. The AWD DSM fuel pump is just about perfect, as a walbro 255 lph aftermarket pump is just a little too much, being more non-street oriented. Rab ran all this stuff on his 97 accent and proved that it is very easy to do. I wanted to but just never got around to it, and my car has nearly 150 thousand miles on it at this point, among other reasons, heh.

I also have some 370cc injectors from a ford turbo coupe which are a bit bigger than the tib injectors (280cc I believe). They are low impediance however, and need a DSM resistor pack (or some other inline resistors installed) to use. They really aren't needed though unless you plan on running a good bit of boost. I picked them up before anybody had really done a real-life reliable an documented setup like Rab did.

I will post some pics later, as well as prices maybe, but I am open to offers, unless I get nothing but low-ballers.

Thanks for your time! Email me at [email protected] and make sure I know what it's about in the subject!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
got a manifold with it?

how much for everything? you need to post a price. dibs until I get more info. use the e-mail address in my profile if you want to send more info, I'm on it all day.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
i'm interested.... how much are you asking for? also is this compatible with a 2001 accent gl..... anyhting else i would have to buy???? maybe intercooler, SAFC, BOV and a few more that im probably missing, but i already have a BBTB so let me know, thank you

[Edited by GLaccent01 on Dec 7, 2005 10:19 AM]

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yeah, I can vouch for Rab. There was virtually NO lag and the thing took off like a rocket. If I wasn't doing the Beta swap, I'd request his counsel and run the same setup on a 1.5, I might even try it on another accent down the road. Those engines can take a lot of abuse if you tune the fuel properly.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright, bvtmattyc has dibs. I do not have a manifold, but I (did) know where to get them easily for the 1.5L SOHC alpha (the stock scoupe turbo manifold). I never picked one up yet because in my mind that was a sure thing that I could pick up for a set price anytime. If you are looking to put this on your 2003 accent (which I assume is a 1.6?) then you are on your own for a manifold. For the 1.5 SOHC 98, the scoupe manifold would work. It is what I planned on.

to GLaccent01, is your accent 1.6 or 1.5? Again like I stated above, it should be 'compatible' but I cannot say what to do for a manifold. Rab ran a small underhood intercooler at first from a stock turbocharged car, and you can pick up BOV's the same way. This will get you boosting as it did him. For more boost and tuneability though, aftermarket pieces can be augmented in as needed.

DynastyAccent, thank you for the support. Although I almost want to complain about it.. you remind me why I still have this stuff sitting here and why I picked it up in the first place! :devious:

I forgot to mention, I have a black faced autometer vacc/boost gauge. It is the PERFECT color to go with the stock gauges.. man I still have this vision in my head, heh.

I would like to get $600 for the whole lot, shipped. All this stuff will be heavy.. turbo alone is bad!

[Edited by BlackDevil on Dec 7, 2005 1:25 PM]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
If he doesnt buy the whole things, dibs on the downpipe. How much shipped? Im in florida area code 32810

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Btw what size is the inlet/outlet on the dump pipe?

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
at $600 for everything I think I'm in, let me just check out some other stuff and get back to you in a few hours

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My camera battery just died for now, or I would take a picture of the inlet for the dump pipe, as pictures of these 'j-pipes' are pretty rare.. however the inlet is the same as an outward-angled RWD SR20 dump pipe, so it's easy to find what that part looks like. It is not really a size, more like an oval, surrounded by the standard internally wastegated garrett t25/28 outlet (and maybe others). Nissan uses it, as do the turbos that come strait from garrett, like this one. This turbo, unlike a factory turbo, is good for upwards of 25 PSI. I forgot to mention that. The outlet of the dump pipe is 2.5".

bvtmattyc- Alright, sounds good to me. Let me know. If you plan to pay via paypal, I would appreciate if you could add an extra $20 to cover the percentage that they take if you recieve payments over $200.. it really gripes me. :??:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
good luck with that matt, too bad i won't be able to see that turbo'd accent in florida, but i hope that ill be apart of the very few beta SWAPPED turbo motors out there ;), pushing at least 225 - 250 WHP, and tons of torque....... definately in the future to come arghhhh lol

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let me know if you are still interested

Was there anyone else with second dibs?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
i would grab second dibs, but i have to pay some **** for the holidays, damn i wish i had $600 cash on me, i'd definately buy it too

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
gotta retract my dibs, sorry I've been out of town.

someone else snatch this **** up :)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
How much for just the downpipe I really would like to have it.... Out of curiosity if you do want to part the kit out how much for the turbo?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would really rather just get rid of it all at once.. But I'd say $350 shipped for the turbo and $75 for the dump pipe (plus shipping, probably like 8-10 bucks).

·
Registered
126 Posts
[Edited by DDAccent01 on Dec 22, 2005 3:30 PM]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts