Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know their is a lot of kits out their in the lines of a turbo, but i was wondering do all of them have to have an oil return line/oil feed line from the oil pan? If so is their any way i can buy the oil pan with the adapter all ready welded to the pan?:shocked:

·
Registered
978 Posts
yeah, get a new pan, bring it to a welder, have them do it.

It's really not hard to do,

take a tapered punch, put it where you want it, and tap with hammer.

Use small small drillbit, drill hole where hole punch is.

go until proper size is achieved.

put new gasket on oilpan, and reinstall, torqueing to the proper specs.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Plus, modifying a new one would mean you have no sludge and such on the bottom of it anymore, allways a plus.

Personally, I'd suggest runnning a few oil flushes through there. Gunk 5 minute flush works well. I've also heard someone say that you could use some sort of oil flush to flush out the flush after. x.x I'd suggest running the gunk flush, then flowing some inexpensive oil through it for a bit, then detaching the old pan. Might help to clean out the inside of your engine?

Course, this is all just my opinion. If anyone who knows better could say why this is a good/bad idea? ^^;

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
hey rob.. hit me up.. 586-864-3252 sometime.. i am in your area and boosted :).. let me know if you need any help with anything... just sent you an email..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:pirate:i was wondering since you guys might have had your tibs for awhile now. Were are some places i can go to get a bolt on stage 1 turbo kit. I don't mind doing most of the work myself...I just want a kit that will have every thing you will need and instructions to help me out also:rambo:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
http://shop.hyundaiperformance.com/

Nick.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts