Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so awhile back my turn signals were doin this thing where when I went to go leave for work in the morning for like the first 3-5 minutes they just plain would not work!!! So after talking to several people I came to the conclusion that it was the relay/fuse for my turn signals...replaced the fuse and the problem went away!! Well, I went to go to work yesterday and today and they decided to do it again!! So now Im purchasing a turn signal and wiper switch (my wipers stay on occassionally, even if they're off) Wilbur is gonna install them but I was wondering if there is any possibility that it could be something else and if so what??? Thanx!!!:D

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think all my bulbs are good, possibly relay, but the only thing I have found in the fuse boxes are a fuse for the signals, I cant find a spot where the relays would be! But Wilbur ordered a turn signal and wiper switches thru school for $87 so Im just gonna pay him when they come in and hes gonna install him!!! Hes soooo nice!!!!:D Hopefully this will be it for those problems, I dont really mind the wipers since its rainy out now but the turn signals have got to be fixed!!

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I missed that the wipers are staying on. The turn signal "flasher" module should be under the dash. If you get them to work you can hear it, it's the part that makes the clicking noise. You can also turn on your hazard lights because the flasher modules are usually right next to each other. Most of the time you can switch the two flasher modules and if your hazards work with the turn signal module you know it's good.

With the wipers staying on it sounds like either a bad switch or a short in the wiring.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd vote toward the multifunction switch since the wipers are all screwy too.

Otherwise, Id say bulb or the flasher unit for the blinkers. I had a car once that had a screwy filament in it (dual filament bulb) so it'd light up like I was pressing brakes, even though I wasn't. That was a weird one...

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually use my turn signals everytime, except for when they arent working! In fact I yell at my dad when he doesnt use his!! LOL!!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts