Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be worth putting a twin throttle body in my car (im putting turbo on it soon so would that affect it) and what exactly would the twin throttle body do for me and my car (i have an idea but just wanna make sure im right)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
If you are going turbo, forget twin throttle bodies.......the plumbing of the up-pipe/s from the intercooler would be a nightmare.
Nick.:puzzled:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Although you could go completely nuts and dual turbo it like the really big boys LOL

·
Registered
278 Posts
also known as twin turbo. one big, one small. the small one spools fast and produces power fast, then when the small one cant produce as much pressure (at high revs) the bigger one takes over and alows the engine to produce way more power. its the best of both worlds, power without compremise. but expensive. verry expensive. i wont even try list what you will have to upgrade(and i dont know everything yet anyway)

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Originally posted by wired_one
[body]
also known as twin turbo. one big, one small. the small one spools fast and produces power fast, then when the small one cant produce as much pressure (at high revs) the bigger one takes over and alows the engine to produce way more power. its the best of both worlds, power without compremise. but expensive. verry expensive. i wont even try list what you will have to upgrade(and i dont know everything yet anyway)

[/body]
As im aware there isnt a twin turbo car that uses a big and a small turbo. They have matching pairs either setup as a sequencial like in the Toyota Supras (two ct12s) or non sequecial like the Nissan GTR(two t28s).

I dont think a twin throttle body setup would be necessary anyway in a FI car as a larger single TB would give similar results.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I would recomend it if you were going to keep it N/A. If you were definiteley going to go down the FI route in the near future then save your money and spend it on your turbo conversion.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
o sweet as that answers that question.. no ttb kit for me.. twin turbo hehe i know what that is but ive never heard it be called dual turbo so i got confused but its all good..

just outta curiosity wat would twin turbo do for me and my car

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
It would win you mad propz in car shows, yo. :evil:

Other than that, it'd be a waste of money, seeing how twin turboing the Beta didn't show much results/gain, neither witht he 1.5. With bigger displacement engines, you'll see some gain though. Though, I don't think a twin turbo setup would yield all that much in the long run,...seeng how the fastest Supra (9-second Supra in Phoenix) uses only one turbo.

·
Registered
106 Posts
even a twin throttle body setup would be something different to see at a car show.

Has anyone done a ttb kit in the alpha motor? What kind of gasin was there?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I did a twin throttle kit on a alpha dohc. Very nice power gain in conjunction with a full 2" mandrel bent exhaust and some fuel tweaking. www.capa.com.au sell the kit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
An SAFC will do the job just fine. If it's a maf setup then you just need to setup the afc for 2 maf sensors and split the signal. A map setup would be even easier.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Originally posted by supry
[body]
An SAFC will do the job just fine. If it's a maf setup then you just need to setup the afc for 2 maf sensors and split the signal. A map setup would be even easier.
[/body]
Would this work if you could run them both through a single MAF? I dought you'd hit the limit with it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Originally posted by ted33
[body]
It might but it will be giving inacurate readings. It would be better to have to mafs. Map though are the best option
[/body]
Could you please explain why running both sides through one MAF is going to give inacurate readings?

And honestly, I think a MAF is a lot easier to tune with this setup seeing how with a MAP, as soon as both plates hit WOT the pressure inside the manifold goes to nothing as far as that MAP can tell. Or at least I would assume :ermm:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts