Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the OEM headlights there are some ugly orange reflectors on the sides, anybody know a way to open up the light to take them out?:confused:
because without them it looks 1000000 times better.:)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Since you have a LC you can remove the reflectors without having to open the light up.

What I did on mine was use an automotive pick Craftsman 4 pc. Pick and Hook Set - Model 41513 at Sears.com

After removing the headlight from the car and then removing the bulb, I reached in through the headlight hole and pulled the orange reflector until it popped out of its place. When it was loose I reached into the light with a pair of small wire snips and just broke the orange reflector into small enough peices to fit out the hole.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow that sounds exactly like what I was thinking about HORRAY FOR CHEAP AND EASY!:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Does this work ( the oven trick ) to open up the headlight as well . I'm contimplating a florecent bulb conversion

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
depends on what year accnt you have. If your 2003+ your an LC2 anything before that is an LC. (2000-2002) and then 95 to 2000 is X3 i belive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts