Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing through HP .Shop and came accross these, last month a guy from US just bought one from HP they are just under $200US, they are a light weight, stronger crank pulley, pretty easy to install and is supposed to increase acceleration. Similar concept to a lightened flywheel i think?

What is everyones thoughts on this product? heard anything/got one/ used one?

·
Registered
291 Posts
good for free revving, however not much of a gain by itself. Would be an easy mod as a starting point - good luck with it if you decide to go one

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Ive actually bought one and installed it in my 98 Coupe. I bought it from www.kspec.com for about A$180. I cant lie and say it did all that and made my car so much faster, but at WSID in conjunction with a revised CAI, lowered suspension and the underdrive pulley, i took 0.3secs off my quater mile time.
When installing it you will need to get shorter belts as the original ones dont fit back on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would present some caution before doing this.

There is a field called material science. There is many properties of materials and this complicates swapping parts out for one material type for another. For example, some types of aluminium will suffer whats called a cyclic stress corrosion failure - an example is aluminium aircraft wings cracking under the cyclic stress of feathers falling onto the wings. Ok its going to take alot of time, but nonetheless it will fail under that load.

There is many engineering considerations to this and Im not saying it wont work, Im simply saying to be cautious of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts