Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to make this as short as possible...

I brought my Cougar to a transmission shop early last week with some interesting problems.

( http://hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=66690 see here... not that it matters )

I dropped it off at night for them to look at early the next morning, and they called me first thing in the morning.

"Alright. We've got your car up on the hoist, and took a quick look at it. We're going to have to drop your tranny out, tear it open, find out what the problem is, and then get the parts from wherever they're available."

ME : "Any idea how much labour we're looking at here?"

"Well, 9 hours to take out the tranny and put it back in... 2.5 hours to open and close the tranny... and how ever many hours it takes to fix whatever's wrong with it..."

ME : "Ok, whatever, just call me once the tranny is all out so I can come and take a look at it."

A few hours go buy... maybe 3... and I'm on my way to work. I pass the shop and decide to stop in quickly.

One of the mechanics is standing at the front counter with a box that has some sort of shift fork assembly in it. So I ask him if it's from my Cougar.

*looking confused* "Uhh... yeah... ummm..."

I look over at my Cougar in one of the bays... clearly not with a transmission dropped out yet.

ME : "So I guess you didn't have to take out the transmission?"

"Oh... ummm... you'll have to talk to the manager."

ME : "Ok, where is he?"

"He's ummm... he's been in the bathroom for a while."

Oh, well, thank you so much for letting me know.

So, I wait around for a few minutes. Of course, I hear the toilet flush... but no running water from a sink.

The manager comes out and seems a little surprised to see me.

ME : "So I guess you didn't need to drop the transmission after all."

"Oh..."
*brief pause* "...no. The mechanic just had to get at this part here... but he had a really really hard time getting at it!"

ME : "Ah. Well, do you have the part you need on order yet?"

"Not... yet. Call me tomorrow morning and I'll let you know how long it will be."

I call him the next morning and ask about the part. He says that the nearest available part is in michigan or minnesota or something... and that it will be 7-9 business days... AND, he doesn't even know if he ordered the right part. Apparently the diagram he had "looked funny".

I ask if he's keeping the car in the garage until they get the part. He assures me that they will, and sure enough it's in the shop every night I pass on the way back from work.

I don't hear a thing from them until yesterday. They call me in the afternoon and tell me the part came in, it was correct, and the car is all ready to go. 4 hours labour plus a cheap part. No big deal at all. BUT I'm working at the time and I tell them I'm not sure I can make it down before they close.

"Nono, that's fine. Come and pick it up any time!"

Awesome! I'll have my own car for the weekend! :D

Now today, my friend gives me a ride halfway across the city on his way to work so I can pick it up.

As we drive up, the place looks dead. You've got to be ****ing kidding me. I check the front door, and sure enough... "Closed until Monday, November 14th. Thanks, Manager."

What... the... ****. THANKS FOR ****ING TELLING ME THAT, YOU ****ING ASS!!!

Now i'm ****ed for work this weekend unless somebody can lend me a car for a couple days.

The only reason I'm not naming any shop names is because they still have my car until I can arrange to pick it up.

****. :sleepy:

[Edited by jerkitt on Nov 11, 2005 12:58 PM]

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Dude that sucks, it's a wonder that stores like that are able to stay in business.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Thats gay.... I would be pissed as well....

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've been burned by shops that are local to me. The government wonders why theres so much work done under the table.....

Because people always try to rip you off, especially when you dont know a thing about the problem.

I'm gonna keep paying my mechanic cash to do the work on weekends. I get the work done right the first time, and I know how much time he puts into it.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yea its amazing the amount of **** shops/mechanics pull on people. Me, i dont have to worry about these issues cuz I am a mechanic :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts