Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Ive been looking all around for underdrive pulley(s) for the 1.5. from what Ive read Unorthodox used to make a set but haveing a hard time locating one. Ive seen a set on jspeed but cant figure out if they will ship to the states and if they do how to go about it.
Anyone have any heads up on getting a set? whether through jspeed or another company.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i have the same problem with my x3 so i am considering a beta swap which is getting very popular now expecially with turbo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maccent98 said:
i have the same problem with my x3 so i am considering a beta swap which is getting very popular now expecially with turbo
Ive thought about it, but a swap is out of the question for this car for 2 reasons.
1. Its hyundai accent
2. Its my daily driver I use to commute to work, my fun is had in other vehicles.

I just need a little more power for my daily commute.

·
Registered
737 Posts
your best option is hope someone sells their old unorthodox racing one. They didn't sell many which is most likely why they stopped making them.

If you don't want to put much work into the car then why even do the pulley? You won't see much gain just from the pulley, it felt like a small gain for me but I took mine off and sold it because I thought someone else with more work done might want it more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
andy said:
your best option is hope someone sells their old unorthodox racing one. They didn't sell many which is most likely why they stopped making them.

If you don't want to put much work into the car then why even do the pulley? You won't see much gain just from the pulley, it felt like a small gain for me but I took mine off and sold it because I thought someone else with more work done might want it more.
Switching pulleys, is a cake walk. Im up for a little work, doing bolt ons. I dont however want to put the car out of comission to do a motor swap, plus I dont think the car is worth it enough to put that kind of time and money into. a few hundred bucks and a couple hrs, ok. Anything more is a waste on this car.

·
Registered
163 Posts
gasser said:
wow, 52 views and not a single reply.
thats hyundaiperformance for ya.... but then again, re-word your title to "Underdrive Pullies??" Your thread view count will be 85% less, because wont people think you have actually found some

I havent seen any for the 1.6L

·
Registered
332 Posts
well to each their own i thought the same thing until i got in these cars and found someone locally with an older accent 98 i think runnining racing fuel mixture at esta race track

1 - 8 of 8 Posts