Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have put my S/C in my LC2
i havent took any thing in a part except belt and have loosen the alter
and now im haveing coolant leaking from passinger side can anybody think
of what it could be please it is leaking on alter and crank pully

·
Registered
499 Posts
I sounds like a water pump leak. Perhaps you have tightened the belt too much. My guess is that it was about to fail anyway an it need to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Here...

let me rephrase:

Replace your water pump and gasket. Failure will occur soon.

If you do not beleive me, remove the hose clamp, remove the hose, clean the hose connector, replace the hose, re-affix the claimp and tighten the clamp. Run vehicle, observe leak.

As already noted, the failure is likely due to over tightening of the belt to the water pump during the installation of the supercharger.

-Grimmy

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can i ask why this could happen? i have done anything to my engine.. i mean i havent took anything in a part... it is so sudden to me that water pump and gasket has problem... my car has 45000KM only...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Wear n tear. it happens.

with km's that low it sounds like the car might be covered under warranty if applicable. you could possiblly take it to the dealer and have it looked at under warranty, vehicle model year likely being the only inhibitor to active warranty coverage or not.

·
Registered
232 Posts
you know what, this is why it probably happens. first of all I think it is the O ring for the water pump and these O rings dont last forever you know but while your at it you should replace the water pump to

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
hyundaiturbo14b said:
you know what, this is why it probably happens. first of all I think it is the O ring for the water pump and these O rings dont last forever you know but while your at it you should replace the water pump to
Very unlikely, as there are not O-rings on the pully portion of the water pump. There is a seal at the pully on the pump, which is likely where it is leaking due previously noted excessive pully/belt tension.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that might be it because i have bought short belt and had to king force that
sucker (S/C) i'm hoping that there is nothing wrong with gasket.. wait do you mean head gasket or gasket on the water pump?:confused:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks man i had truble putting your S/C haha my bad piping from S/C had to tilt little bit from header and had to buy belt from underdrive racing crank pully sould be done by sunday can't wait. haha:) :rolleyes: :p :eek: :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
less boost is good for right now because that my car is not going to net tunned till next summer i need low boost and same time i will be changing S/C pully as well..

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
less boost is good for right now because that my car is not going to net tunned till next summer i need low boost and same time i will be changing S/C pully as well..

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
should have just stuck with your turbo idea.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no man my wife dicided to buy 09tib untill then she is going to drive her jimmy then i have turbo car and S/C car going fast isn't always matter to me

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hehe sorry it was my fault i actully have loosen one of water pump bolt and forgot to tight it it is now fixed...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts