Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i mgiht be needing a used accent motor, i ahve the 1.5l 12v motor and looking for a place that has them, any info would be helpful

also would i be able to put in a larger motor like a 1.6 or 2.0, if so what mods would i need?

Jesse

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
what year is your Accent? If it's an LC or LC2, I wouldn't imagine it would be that hard at all to put an Accent's 1.6 DOHC, but I don't know much about those compatibility issues. For 2.0 pptions, you've got the Elantra and Tibby's 4-cyl. 2.0 DOHC engines, the Beta and Beta II.

·
Registered
281 Posts
ebay. car-part.com. your local junkyard. we shouldent have to spoonfeed you stuff like this, engines are abundent and cheap for these cars

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i wanted to put in a bigger motor could i use the 2.0l 16v motor from a 2000 elantra, if it comes with an auto tranny can i use my manual tranny or will it not work?

·
Registered
281 Posts
if you get an autotranny motor, you need to take the flexplate off and install a flywheel instead. and yes you HAVE to. a flexplate will not work with a manual transmission, its impossible. oh and you need to use a 1.6l DOHC accent clutch to make it all work.

[Edited by Pussykatt on Dec 14, 2005 9:38 AM]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts