Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend said i could borrow his slicks if run a decent time, should I or is it a nono with stock tranny, all i have is a stage 2 clutch

·
Registered
846 Posts
its definatly a big risk. but thats not the real question, the question is; is it worth the risk to you?

would you manage if your gearbox did cark it?

if you can manage if it breaks, go i would go for it.

if you cant, dont take the risk. and if that is the case dont launch on the road with road tyres either, coz that is a risk too. iv seen more gearboxes broken on the road on road tyres than on the track.

good luck man.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
I think your diff would be the thing to worry about. How strong is the diff in an accent? (BTW yes I know if it goes it will more than likly take the trans with it) I would suggest if you try the slicks, slip the clutch at the launch to take some strain off the rest of the drive line. Your trans/driveline will see the most stress thru 1st gear. After that you should be clear. Ive never seen a diff blow up after a car had passed the tree. They always go right off the line with slicks/high traction. I would think your clutch's friction disk is cheaper than a trans. Good luck ;):

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Why is this in the forced induction forum?

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Have a friend ready to take you home just in case, and good luck. Its not the tires btw, you still have to learn how to launch the car properly if your last thread regarding your times is accurate in my mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts