Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am changing the valve cover gasket, and have been looking online for the proper torque (lb.ft) for the valve cover bolts. I have seen different places with ranges from 1 lb.ft to 15 lb.ft. And I couldn't seem to find it on HMA website.

99 Tiburon.

also, does anyone know the size of the fuel line that runs from tank to filter?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

-Jon :confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
i would only do 10lbs for a valve cover, at least that is what i did on my accent and it is fine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man!

I actually finally found it on HMA. The reason I couldn't find it before was that I was searching for "Valve Cover" when they call it "Cylinder Head Cover". Once I found that out, it was easy to find the proper torque for the bolts (which is 6-7 ft.lbs). Hopefully someone will find this useful.

I am still trying to figure out the size of the fuel line. It looks a lot like 5/16 but seems to be a little bigger than that. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Jon

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
The fuel line is going to be metric. If it's close to 5/16", it's probably 8mm or about the same size as -4AN.

The next sizeup is 3/8" (10mm) or -6AN.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks man!

I actually finally found it on HMA. The reason I couldn't find it before was that I was searching for "Valve Cover" when they call it "Cylinder Head Cover". Once I found that out, it was easy to find the proper torque for the bolts (which is 6-7 ft.lbs). Hopefully someone will find this useful.

I am still trying to figure out the size of the fuel line. It looks a lot like 5/16 but seems to be a little bigger than that. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Jon
Thank you dude.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts