Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the goods and bads?

:ermm:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Instead of putting a breather on the line use an oil/air separator. The vacuum helps evac the crankcase more than just a breather alone.

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Jan 13, 2006 7:38 AM]

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where can i get an air/oil seperator?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=71132

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh ha nice.. thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
Another benefit of the catch can is that some racing organisers/venues require their fitment to ba able to run on their circuits =D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i was thinkin of doin that this summer here at PIR

·
Registered
487 Posts
you know the tube that goes into the tb from the valve cover ? yeah , well that is the factorys way to do what you are wnating to do , my sugjeston would be to leave it alone and spend money on something else , the vacume of the motor sucks the air out of the crank case and it also promotes ring seal .. you can remove it , but your rings over time will be more prone to blowby ... in other words ... you dont want gas in your oil
do you still have the 4g15 in there ? if so i would not do hardly anything to it cause it is easy to **** up those motors with stupidity .(trust me i know ) how many miles are on your motor ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
you know the tube that goes into the tb from the valve cover ? yeah , well that is the factorys way to do what you are wnating to do , my sugjeston would be to leave it alone and spend money on something else , the vacume of the motor sucks the air out of the crank case and it also promotes ring seal .. you can remove it , but your rings over time will be more prone to blowby ... in other words ... you dont want gas in your oil
do you still have the 4g15 in there ? if so i would not do hardly anything to it cause it is easy to **** up those motors with stupidity .(trust me i know ) how many miles are on your motor ?

i think thats what happened. ive had a breather on my 1.5 for about 3 years now, with moderate redlining.
and now, i think my valves went bad. my car acts like its has a bad ring, but compression is fine.
would anything cause oil to shoot out of the hole where the hose connects to the intake(or where you place the breather on the valve cover).
????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts