Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an1.5 LC and I saw that I have an inch or so crack on my valve cover. Darn I think I tightened the bolt too much, on the front left corner of the valve cover where the bolt is. I guess it created a little crack back then and now the crack is bigger, more noticeable and leaking oil. Do they make aluminum valve covers for 1.5sohc LCs? Where can I get one stat?
I was thinking of putting some j&b weld to fill the crack in. Would this be a good idea for a temporary quick fix? Thank for the advice ahead of time.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
As far as I know there is no metal valve cover available for the 1.5l Alpha engine.

JB weld may work as a temporary fix, although since there is a crack the odds are pretty good that both sides of the crack won't sit flush against the gasket so you'll probably still leak oil. If you pulled the valve cover and tried JB weld with the valve cover off it may work better but if you're doing that much you might as well just replace the valve cover.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice bro. What about the scoupe valve cover are they the same? Yeah I dont know why I applied the jb weld just on the outside and did not think of applying it on the inside. Hopefully the crack stays small and the valve cover gets to me soon.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
scoupe is metal

Thanks for the advice bro. What about the scoupe valve cover are they the same? Yeah I dont know why I applied the jb weld just on the outside and did not think of applying it on the inside. Hopefully the crack stays small and the valve cover gets to me soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts