Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Verna emblem from KSPEC for my Accent. I was wondering if anyone else had gotten it and if you used a certain way to get the Accent emblem off, short of unceremoniously prying it. Is there a liquid solution you could use to weaken the bond? Or some other method? I desire to keep my paint intact haha.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
get a hobby knife or a disposable razor blade and some goo-off or wd-40,

slide the blade into the corner of the decal and pry out slowly,

Note: a steady hand is required for this because a shaking hand may result in accidental scratchage.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
well...you've got the 2004 which means you have an actual plastic logo as opposed to the 2000-2002 Accents which just had a sticker logo.

take a hairdryer to it, and it will literally pull right off the cr with your fingers. then any loftover residue can be picked off by you with your fingers or use some adhesive remover from any detail shop or place like that. but seriously, if you heat it enough and just pull, it'll come right off in one piece. just wear gloves cause that plastic gets HOT! :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
that's a good suggestion, wish i'd of known that when I stripped my badges, I used a plastic body knife, not easy to find, but i'm sure a plastic(soft plastic) scraper would do the same thing...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
as you can see we know all the tricks of the trade, it even sounds a bit ghetto but it definately gets the job done lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
If your ditching the emblem afterwards just grab it with a pair of needle nose and pull. Worked great for me and nothing gets close to the paint.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
I pulled the names off the rear of my 99 GSi only to find that the paint around them had faded, and now I can still see where they were. :ermm:
Ah well, I wouldn't mind an excuse to repaint the car.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
heres a pic of what the Verna logo looked like on my LC2.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/384000-384999/384764_138_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/384000-384999/384764_139_full.jpg

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Feb 24, 2006 6:47 AM]

·
Registered
133 Posts
please forgive my stupidity. What is VERNA?????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts