Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small problem, kinda annoying in the winter. It takes forever to heat up my car. Engine Temp is good, but there's very little heat comming out of the vents. I can hear the fans blowing, but it's not hot. Any tips???

·
Registered
127 Posts
could be the heater core but the thermo could also be frozen might look into getting a new one its cheap i had that problem in my accent replaced it and worked perfectly

·
Registered
464 Posts
If there is not much air moving even though the fan turns, there could be a blockage in the ducts. It could also be a bad thermostat which is pretty cheap as well as being easy to check. Or you may be low on coolant.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
i just had a smiliar issue, but i dont think its the same. there are the three cables that go from the ac controller to the vents. they are by your feet. one of the cables popped off on me, and then i had to put it back on

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
very true it could just be that...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had the cables pop off before too, I've checked that. Coolant levels are good, I'm thinking I might pick up a thermostat and toss it in, couldn't hurt. n I might flush my coolant at the same time. then I'll have a look at the ducts, they might be plugged.

Thanks for the help guys,
J

1 - 8 of 8 Posts