Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the proses of putting an underdrive pulley into my car. I have heard many times that NA car have bad idle voltage problems, and I'm just starting to feel the voltage problems on start.

so I'm thinking about a volt Stabilizer/Regulator
the SharkRacing ones go for a price of $72 which I hear is pretty cheap for one of those, but on ebay there is another one going for half the price.

I just wanted to know if it worth my money to go for the cheaper one.
eBay Motors: JDM RACING VOLT STABILIZER REGULATOR IMPROVE POWER (item 220069049442 end time Oct-03-07 20:00:16 PDT)

I just hate felling the voltage problems

·
Registered
499 Posts
A regulator will not help if your alternator is turning too slowly ( do to the smaller pulley )to put out the proper amount of power.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yes they make improvements. engine start is faster, engine turn-over time is improved, slightly more power added (so little you wont feel it), and better MPG (also super small you wont feel it).
they work even better if you did ground wiring.

anyway I need one and I'm only asking if it even makes a difference if i go with name brand or not.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pull out the A/C and I feel the underdrive pulley better and I don't have any power problems.

but I'm still thinking if it even makes a difference if I go with a non name brand item.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts