Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i've been interested in getting more power from my car as usual..... right now i have the basic N/A mods I/H/E, now i want to know what will the SAFC or the SAFC II will do for me?? should i buy it on ebay or the apexi website or do you know another website where i can buy it for a decent price, please help me out as i want to gain some more power ................. please help me, thank you :depressed:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well a SAFC will help out all of the bolt-ons that u installed to work more efficiently. When u have installed basic bolt-ons u could squeeze out a few extra HP by way of tuning your A/F ratio. Every time u do something or install a new upgrade, the last tuned setting that u had, probably will not work best with the new installed part(s). In fact, u should always reset your ECU everytime u install a performance part, so that the ECU adapts to the new part(s).

But with a SAFC u can make all the adjustments and tune your A/F ratio. Just remember, u need to have a good Wideband A/F monitor to do all the necessary adjustments, and better yet...if u can pay for a good hour in a dyno then go for it.
Im not saying that u need a Dyno to fine-tune the A/F ratio, u could still tweak and play with it to see, as long as u stay somewhere in the 12.3-12.8A/F.

It also depends on what octane fuel that u use, the higher the octane # well lets just say that u could run your car on a 13.5 ratio a little more safely to avoid detonation. It's simply a matter of learning, and knowing your car. But don't forget the Wideband A/F monitor! You'll definately need it!8D

·
Registered
621 Posts
so you would recommend the SAFC or SAFC II for anyone who has any simple bolt ons, IHE and BBTB, as a kind of piggyback system?

Which one would be better? SAFC or SAFC II?
i am interested aswell..

[Edited by Medic_01 on Mar 4, 2006 3:13 AM]

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would like to know a good combination for this, which wideband would be best used with the apexi SAFC or SAFC II..... please let me know before i purchase something that i totally didn't want to buy, thanks for the last comment, it really cleared up alot of questions i had, but anyone can help with this combo please tell me it, thank you

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
The wideband is really your choice. I intend to use the innovate lc-1 (lc-2 is fine as well). You can get the controller/sensor on ebay for 199$ w/ free shipping. You also get all the software and such. You will need a display for it (gauge or whatever) unless you hook it to a laptop, it comes with the computer plugin. I have to get a laptop for my emanage anyway so it will work great for me. The safc 2 just has more correction points than the 1 I believe, it also added a fix for bovs that vent to the atmosphere.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the SAFC, my brother the SAFCII. The thing is that I purchased the SAFC when it first hit the stores approx. 4 years ago. Dude get the SAFCII! It's nicer, it has more corretion points and more yada,yada... The A/f monitor it's up to ya, I have the AEM Wideband got it on Ebay for $270$, u can change the color of the face, black or white and u can also change the bezel from silver to black. It looks awesome in any color and works great! It also comes with a different face to work as a Lamda monitor. Not shure how or for what it is, I think it has something to do if u purchas the AEM engine management system to work with it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts