Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2005 hyundai accent 2dr gls and i am wanting to increase hp and make it go a little quicker. What might i start off getting that doees not cost that much but will show an increase in power?

·
Banned
59 Posts
Most people recommend a cold air intake. I recently installed the Fujita CAI for my '04 Tib and I did notice a slight boost in power, especially in 2nd gear.

-Optimummind

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a K&N cold air intake and im looking to see what type of racing chip and maybe what after that.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Custom exhaust or the evofusion exhaust would be good. A header would be helpful too.

Powerchip is the only company that does real performance tuning on our ECU's for U.S. cars. Powerchip

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was wondering where i could find a website that sells headers that would fit. also what size intercooler would fit in the accent and what all would i need to install it. I am also looking to have exhaust done what would you recommend?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
c0ven is selling a header right now that would fit: 1.6 DOHC 4-2-1 Accent Header

They can also be found in several other places including:
EvoFusion
KFX Performance
Shark Racing 4-2-1
Shark Racing 4-1
Seoulful Racing
KSPEC GT header
KSPEC 4-2-1
RPW

An intercooler only works if you are turbocharged or supercharged. If you're turbocharged the above headers won't work for you. If you're supercharged though they will. Many supercharger setups cannot be intercooled also.

For exhaust you can buy the EvoFusion Catback or go custom. Depending on where you are in Washington I might be able to give you a recommendation on a decent exhaust shop.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I would suggest going with a turbo personally if you're looking for that kind of power and you think you can handle the project.

I live down by Olympia. I don't think I know anywhere really good to get exhaust done north of Tacoma. I'm sure they exist, I'm just not familiar with the shops up there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts