Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '03 Accent and the washer fluid will not spray on my windshield any more. I can not hear the pump running. A quick look shows everything to be inside the right fender. Does anybody know what fuses to check or connects to check or any other ideas that I can try before taking the fender apart.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
I have an '03 Accent and the washer fluid will not spray on my windshield any more. I can not hear the pump running. A quick look shows everything to be inside the right fender. Does anybody know what fuses to check or connects to check or any other ideas that I can try before taking the fender apart.
First check the hoses going from the reservoir to the sprayers, especially at junctions and near hood hinge. (mine disconnected over time before)...

You didn't mention if your wiper blades worked or not, but if they do than it is probably not the fuse or the relay (it looks like the wiper motor and washer moter share both)...

HMA Service says to pull the front bumper to get to the unit, but I was able to get to mine by detaching the wheel cover and bending it back (I had to do an expoy repair on some stress fractures in the reservoir). It's not easy, but there should be 3 bolts (or nuts? can't remember) holding the tank in place. The top one is next to the fill tube where it comes through the body into the engine compartment. The other 2 on the left and right as your are facing the car from the passenger side...

if you have some short wrenchs and can work in a tight space, you should be able to drop it down to get to the wiper moter. HMA has all of the electrical and diagnostic information on the website.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
dude if you can't hear anything it's most likely the pump. i just replaced mine last month it was really easy. just hopefully you don't have any fluid in it cuz it will drain out when you replace it. and like he said you don't have to take the whole thing off like it says. it was just 2 screws for me enough to pull it out to reach my arm up in there. and the pump doesn't fasten with anything it just just sticks in the reservoir.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the same problem:(, but I have removed that tank and replaced my hood and a bunch of other stuff so it could be alot of things.

but since you said it was easy I will try changing the pump:)

And if your wondering im in a smiley face mood today:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts