Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey. i got a question. i got a 2000 elantra. not too old if u ask me. but here lately, my car has been acting crazy. it does this weird jolting or somethin under the hood. it probably sounds weird already. well basically when i have the car turned on just sitting in park it don't do anything weird, but when i am out on the road with the car in drive and i will be stopped at a light or somethin it feels like there is like a stall or something with the engine. it doesn't die or anything or actually stop....it just kinda stalls for a sec. this problem is occompanied by the check engine light occasionally coming on for a few sec. i know i have had a bad spark plug for a while that i am about to get fixed but it just started this stalling type thing lately. it kinda scares me sometimes cuz it seems like my car is about to die or something. has anybody had the same problem or can tell me what this could be? maybe a result of the spark plug. i dunno.:hmmm:

[Edited by lilelantraracerchick on Feb 11, 2006 8:09 AM]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i haven't installed the new spark plugs just yet. i am getting a tune up this next week coming up. but i did check about the water and there is no water. and seems like the wires are all correct. i dunno. i guess i will just have to take it somewhere. :disappointed:

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Checked your leads and coilpack? :puzzled:

[Edited by MechaniX_034 on Feb 11, 2006 3:33 PM]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i always get gas at either speedway or honestly anywhere its cheaper. lol. i know i need to quit. but i haven't checked any of those things yet. i think thats what i am about to do. i think maybe it's the spark plug just getting worse. that doesn't make too much sense but i don't know what else. maybe the best thing would be to just take it in and get a tune up. hell if i know. i noticed too that the stalling thing gets worse when i have my heat on. hmmm. :hmmm:

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Thats cause its using power and making more of a stain on your engine. If you turned on everything electrical it would drop even lower. Id say bad gas on this one... does it still get up and go like before?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts