Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hearing this ticking or clicking sound coming from near the IM, TPS and TB area when the key is on the ignition part(not turned on), just to let the stereo or electronics play. I've noticed this for a few months, but thought it was the fan doing it or it was normal. Just want to make sure if this is normal or not because its kind of loud and annoying.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has the buzzing sound, but even with the car off, meaning when the key is on the on position not using any gas, just battery and electronics. Can that still be the starter? Is this covered under warranty?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
yes that's covered under waranty, take it to your service department and show them what it's doing or they'll try to diagnose it with the car running & say there is nothing wrong

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn...i hope its not my starter...because i might have voided the warranty by puting on a remote start kit. Oh BTW how do you determine if the starter needs replacing or not? Do you check for voltage or something?

[Edited by Ravinaziankid on Oct 27, 2005 11:40 AM]

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
remote start will not void the starter waranty unless they can proove that it was a direct cause of starter failure, and if your starter still cranks up your car then obviously your starter has not gone out

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you or anyone have any ideas what this might be?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Muffler bearings? perhaps tail-light fluid? Could also be Piston springs pistoning to early

Are your headers headering? :D

anyway, all joking aside

Put your key in the ignition until it makes that noise, get under your car with a camera and take a pic of whatever is making the noise

post it here and then we diagnose it

CAPICH!?

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

This is an old pic from more then a year ago, but its in the same area, everything looks about the same except now i have a BBTB, removed the intake box, have the coilovers on and the headers are different.

[Edited by Ravinaziankid on Oct 27, 2005 2:30 PM]

·
Registered
846 Posts
its the throttle bypass solenoid. mine did it too. unplug it if you dont belive me, but the ticking and buzzing, thats it. i am dead set cirtain.

its the thing next to the map sensor. the thing in the picture that is the last black plastic thing on the right (in the pic) of the actual throttle body. the plug comes out parallel to the plenum, pull it off away from the tb... (sorry that is the best i can discribe it without drawing a pic)

if you cant figure out what im talikig about just unplug everything on the tb. when you unplug it it will stop ticking/buzzing.

it should still be under warrenty.

[Edited by T-WING on Oct 27, 2005 5:49 PM]

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What happens if i dont fix this problem? And what causes this problem?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Oh man!! dude wait you got a BBTB, it voids the waranty of whatever the aftermarket part is connected to, You will get real lucky if they don't notice that it is an Aftermarket TB...

Good luck man and hopefully they'll replace it

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont even want to waste my time and money going to the dealership, the BBTB i have doesnt look stock, so i need to replace the trottlebody solenoid?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
un-plug it first just to be absolutely sure that it is that, with the key in the ignition so you can hear it stop

1 - 14 of 14 Posts