Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is for a 2000 hyundai accent 2 door. 26,000 miles on it.
I recently noticed that m car vibrates after putting it in drive. It happens after the car warms up. Also it gets worse with the AC running. It only happens when i put the car on drive, or 1 or 2 and i am stopped. It goes away when i place it in parking. It is slight almost not felt when in neutral.
The temp gauges looks normal. I adjusted the RPM and no difference. Also i cleaned the fuel system at a good shop.
I checked the engine supports and they are almost new, not a problem there. I changed the tranny oil and the motor oil. No problem there neither. Also the fuel filter was changed back in september. A/C cools great.

I am kind of lost on what this vibrations could be caused by. I am just worried that this might be an early indication of something.:depressed:

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Might be a motor mount...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Experiment---> Do you have the rear window defroster? If so, hit the button while the car is in drive and is not moving. Do you now feel more vibration and hear a very slight decrease in engine RPM's?

With the rear window defroster still on, put the parking brake on while in Drive and not moving (obviously...), and take your foot off of the Brake pedal, but only for a few seconds. Did you feel the vibration pretty much go away when your foot is off the Brake pedal? If so, this is completely normal. I live in a pretty cold climate (Chicago), and my 2005 Accent has been doing it this entire winter--and it gets pretty annoying--but there's nothing wrong with the car. Also, the passengers cannot feel it nearly as strongly as you do, mainly because the Brake pedal transfers the vibration through your bones.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i live in a tropical place, so cold is not the problem...also i feel the vibration on the steering wheel. I al so changed spark plugs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
checked the gap and they where right....i am thiking that because the vehicle wa sin storage for some time, maybe there is water on the tank. I am going to buy a water remover and see the result. Other than that i dont know what to do. Nobody seems to know what is wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts