Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, and new to Hyundais. I grew up around drag cars and such, but this is my first real attempt at modding my own car.

I just bought a 2004 Tiburon GT with a 6 sp manual. The car is pretty much stock, sept the previous owner put a set of ICW wheels on it.

Mod plans are as follows:
CAI Going on in a week
Cat back exhaust. Borla??
Headers
Then to make up for loss of low end power:
Light weight flywheel Performance clutch, stage 2 or 3??
Light weight pulleys (Recommendations??)
New ECU
Lowering springs
Strut tower braces and sway bars

Not really looking to make this thing a beast, but do want to add a little extra power to it.

As I move forward I'm sure to have questions. No worries I will always try and search first.

So hello guys and gals and thanks in advance.

Pics are in the profile.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I run an Accent but I will help you to the best of my knowledge and let some of the Tib guys field your other questions. With the CAI I'd go AEM. For the exhaust I understand Borla is good but I would ask for some input from the Tib guys that have different exhausts and judge from that. Check out www.shop.hyundaiperformance.com for lightweight flywheel, clutch, and pulley systems. I'm not sure about the ECU for the Tib. For springs I would go with Eibach unless you're going with coilovers in which case Tein and K-Sport both make a set that are awesome. Strut braces and sway bars I would check out www.performancestlyingcentre.com.au. I hope that helps and I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input!

I was looking at Borla because I understand they have the deep sound I'm looking for. Please if any one has any other suggestions lets have em.

Definitely going to go with the Eibach springs. I like that they only drop the car 1.1" and I've heard really good reviews on them.

Still kinda up in the air about the CAI. I've yet to see an argument good enough "for" name brand over Ebay, that would justify the extra 100 bucks for the name brand. I do understand with Ebay you still need to buy a new filter cause the ones they come with are garbage....but yeah.

Haven't been able to find a complete pulley set let alone just an under-drive pulley for the 03-06 model tibs on www.shop.hyundaiperformance.com or anywhere else I've looked. Anyone have another suggestion?

So far the best chip mod I've been able to find is at http://www.powerchipgroup.com/interact/datasheets/datasheets_one.asp but the sales tactics of that site kinda makes me through up a red flag..But I also understand people gotta make a living LOL. Hopefully others will have tried them before I'm ready to get that done. AS that will be the last mod I do.

I did do the polarity swap on the sub DIY last night and....wow what a difference that made. :evil:

Next weekend I hope to find the time to remove the stupid valve in the clutch slave cylinder, that damn thing is annoying. I can't stand mushy clutches, not to mention the slippage when getting on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts