Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I did look at the FAQ. The information and links are surprisingly outdated and non functional. I just have a couple of basic questions please.

I am looking at buying a commuter car, but it has GOT to have some guts. Are there any mods for the GT V6 in the '04-'06 cars that can get me some real gains? I am sure headers... catback or full exhaust. What else is available like blower, computer programming, etc.

I am interested in any bolts on... not getting into the engine.

Many thanks
Mark

·
Registered
26 Posts
cold air intakes help...but not sure if they classify as 'real' gains, but i'm happy with mine...intake manifold spacer, upgrade plugs and wires, big bore throttle body, etc... they all make a difference if you wanna nickel and dime it to death like me!

·
Registered
16 Posts
alpine developments also has a supercharger kit available. should be able to get it thru either kdmstuff.com or kspec.com

and then boostology.com has a vortech blower setup they've been working on.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'm sorry to piss in your Cherrios...

But commuter cars aren't supposed to have "guts" mainly because... Gutsy cars tend to BREAK. You can have a zippy car, something that's peppy, but nothing "gutsy". HaHaHa! Keep it simple and it'll keep your car reliable and keeps your gas mileage high. Then, get yourself a nice project car.

Howie~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts