Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm in search of a new daily driver and the the Hyundai's have really captured my attention after learning how tuneable they are. I'm hoping that this car can be reliable and eventually reach 13's 1/4. For right now (Within the next year) I'm shooting for 14's. Anyways, I'm looking at the Accent, Excel, and Elantra. From what I've read the best performance modifications for these cars are engine swaps although I've heard that Hyundai's stock motors can take a decent amount of boost.

Well, I know that there are two major swaps available, the Beta and the 4G63T. I was hoping that I would be able to try and maintain decent gas mileage (Around 25ish with city driving). Because of this I think I'm leaning a little towards the Beta as I've heard the 4G63T doesn't get very good gas mileage. Regardless, if anyone has swapped a 4G63T, what kind of gas mileage do you get with city driving? If I did swap a Beta it would probably be into an Accecnt as I heard that they're the best candidates for them and I really like the hatchback Accent look. If I swapped a stock Beta into an Accent, what kind of times could I expect in the 1/4? How hard is the swap? I don't have a ton of experience with cars and engine swaps so how hard do you think this swap would be for me?

Finally, I've heard that the Accent's 1.6L is actually a pretty decent motor and can take a decent amount of boost. With the stock motor, would I be able to get to 13's reliably? What would I need, a turbocharger? How much boost would I need to be running and what's the most boost that these engines can take reliably?

Overall, which do you think would be better for what I want to do, the engine swap or just sticking with the stock motor?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Welcome to the boards future Hyundai owner! I have done the beta swap and so have many others and should get you mid to high 15's in the 1/4. Take a look in the Hybrid section, theres alot of info there on motor swaps. Start here, it's my write up on the swap http://hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=61323

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Welcome to the boards. There is quite a bit of information squirreled around in our Hybrid, NA Tuning and Forced Induction tuning sections. Also check out the Accent section.

Good luck. Happy tuning. Drive safe!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'd just like to know whether you think it'd be better for me to go FI or engine swap so that I could start reading in those forums. I don't really have the time to read both of them. Thanks guys!

[Edited by KingBaldwin on Jan 16, 2006 9:34 PM]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts