Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well,

Now my car is finally done on the outside I went to check 4 some perf parts.And all i ever hear is ,sell it and get a honda!sell it get an eclipse.

Road tests are always bitchin about the low performance and how the GEN 1 coupé's aren't worth calling a sportscar.

I don't know what to believe anymore.Is it it really that slow???:puzzled:

Can you turn it into to an racecar that can beat an eclipse or am i just wasting time and money??

Give me your opinions!Is hyundai coupé just a wannabe sportscar or can it really be turned into a car that can make other eat theyre dust.

:bandit:

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Well, as always the amount you have to spend decides how fast you can go. Any car can be turned into a quick machine with the correct budget, and the Beta definitely has the potential for it there. The Tib has a strong and stiff chassis, it is a well balanced and a good platform, I don't see a problem with it.

I think you've been talking to the wrong crowd or at least the wrong shop, just because they're Korean doesn't make them pieces of crap. Have a look around here at the member's cars, you'd be surprised.

·
Registered
33 Posts
mechanic is right. with the right amount of money, any car can be "fast." it's just that certain cars provide better foundations for modding and not all cars have the same aftermarket resources. i would naturally assume there are more aftermarket honda parts than hyundai out there but don't get discouraged by that. that's when you go custom!

if i were you, instead of looking for the typical upgrades, do your resarch on your car... weaknesses/strengths and build upon that. not all cars react to the same mods the sameway.

·
Registered
817 Posts
You don't need to kill Hondas...just build it fast and have some fun. We're pretty much doing it wrong if we think we must kill Hondas with our Hyundais..

Odd.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's not so much that i wanna kill honda's :),it's just the thaught that i could :evil::smoking:.C'mon like no one has ever had an d$ck with his hondo looking down on you with his smurkey face.

I just wanna see him go like this
:??: when i pass him :p.

Now be honest ,isnt THAT FUN :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Well, if you're getting into modifiying your car just to beat poeple then I'd seriously need to tell you that you're never going to see the end of it. The basic truth is that no matter how quick you are, there's always someone quicker, and there won't be an end to it even if you stuff an old F1 engine into the car.

Seriously, do it because you love cars and being with other enthusiasts, and because you like to drive. Just getting into it to "smoke" everyone is gonna be a bloody boring thing.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yeah sure it's great fun to smoke someone retarded whose face is something like "Look at me how impressive I am with my car!" and then you smoke him with Hyundai. But just don't have any aggression specially against honda-drivers and you're still cool. :)

There are lot of retarded drivers no matter what car they're driving, I have faced even some retarded Hyundai-drivers who doesn't have a glue what car I am myself driving.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Originally posted by BelgianRacing
[body]

Can you turn it into to an racecar that can beat an eclipse or am i just wasting time and money??

[/body]
i wasnt aware it took a racecar to beat an eclipse.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
hey man, yah the tib has lots of potential, right now, mines prob. around 180-200 whp, and soon around 250-270 whp turbocharged obviously. but you can get the parts EASY, and its not SUPER SUPER expensive, and if budget isnt a problem, then itll be easier. do you want me to make a turbo list for a certain max hp range or something so you can start looking for parts??

as far as the turbo would go, it depends if you want hi max hp, fast spooling or an allaround powerful turbo, that will be your most expensive piece of the kit..

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
your car looks good, post some pics in the Showroom forum. Id like to see more of it.

As for speed, its not that slow. You could go turbo, but that requires lots of $$ and lots of time and matinence. You could also do the standard N/A treatment with all bolt on parts and squeeze out a considerable amount of power from the engine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It wuld be cool if you could make me a list of parts i need to make it go faster.
overall it's used for the drag races.

thx

1 - 20 of 28 Posts