Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the topic title imples, i would like to know which hyundai's can undergo the swap relatively easily? And also, what other internals would need to be upgraded for the swap to be successful? Ty muchly for any info.
Cheers, Anand. :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
J1 Elantra are by far the easiest to swap a 4g63t into add a few wires into the harness run the intercooler piping it could be done in a weekend if you worked hard. You'll want a stronger clutch. Other than that its fine run stock tranny and all.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool, what years is the J1 model from? and also what bout the X2 Accent/Excel and Sonatas? How are they for a swap? Ty for any info.

[Edited by turboxl on Nov 19, 2005 7:27 PM]

·
Registered
715 Posts
J1s are 92-95 The accents are a bad choice their Hyundai based not Mitsu based. Sonata I believe until 92-98 used a 4g63 it bolts in nicely but the wiring in the later ones is a big mess and you have to take a wring loom from an eclipse or or older sonata and splice them together sort of icky. 89-91 Sonatas used a 2.4L Mitsu motor and you can put a 4g63t in their place but again the wiring issue... www.j1elantra.com

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ty beserko, im leanin towards the sonatas a little more at this stage so i think my range will be 92-98 then :) ty muchly once again.

Cheers, Anand :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts