Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put in 1st gear and start off, sometimes I can feel gas pedal stutters(viberates) once or twice sometimes3-4 times and I can actually hear noise too. it's really hard to explain that noise. it's like ghh-ghh-ghh it used to do only in 1st gear when starting off but sometimes it does in 2nd gerar every once in awhile now. what could this be? I got close to 50000miles on it and it's very 1st LC2. when it does that ghhh thing it feels like it's grinding something off.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
i get something similar occasionally with my Cougar... haven't bothered trying to figure it out yet though...

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
one of my friend's civic does the same thing.

Seems like a metering problem. record the sound and let me hear it.

Tell me now that ECM's do a better job than a good ol carb and points and I will punch you in the face, free of charge. :sleepy:

That being said, hesitation can be blamed on simple things like bad plug wires, plugs, or deteriorated signals from various sensor signals to the ECM. Try the basic stuff first before you go replacing injectors. For instace, on my old GA16DE nissan sentra, such hesitation was completely cured by regrounding a MAF wire to the block. Car ran like new after that repair, which cost me zero dollars (I stole the O crimps) and about 30 min of time for soldering, routing, and grounding.

Do the easy stuff first: plugs, wires, and also clean off any grime from the coilpacks. That always helps.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
[body]Tell me now that ECM's do a better job than a good ol carb and points and I will punch you in the face, free of charge[/body]
:dead: I wont even bother with how disturbing the above statement is....

But anyhoo, if the noise sonds like a slight shaving of metal, similar to the ghh ghh sound you described, and it makes the gas pedal vibrate i highly doubt it has anything to do with anything electrical.

Does the car suffer from any engine performance problems? Check engine ligh on? Anything weird in how the car runs?

Im thinking it could be something in the driveline, particularly down to an uneven rotor on the inboard side.

Can you describe the movement of the gas pedal? Does the sound go away if say you floor it, or press on the brakes when it is happening?

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
^^^ What's wrong with that statement? Oh yeah, NOTHING! Simpler things last longer.

You know, it could just be a squeaky throttle cable plate or a slightly bent IM, that would explain the hesitation and the rubbing noise.

Does it do this when the car is off?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's no CEL no light comes up. No performance difference before and after I started to have this problem. After 1st gear it drives and changes gear just like before. One thing is it's just little harder to shift smooth. like when I let clutch go, it jumps foward alittle as if I stepped on gas too much. if I becareful then it still sifts smoothly. I haven't floored it but it almost never happens if i give almost no gas and start meaning if there's not much load on clutch, it's ok. I never tried to brake when that was happening and it's going to be hard since it goes away pretty quick. first I thought clutch was going but I drive 95% highway and not that harsh on clutch either. and when I floor it, it doesn't slip. it's almost like sound that you get when you try to shift you gear without using clutch like grinding it but only hear couple of times, slower and little more pleasant to hear(still annoying)

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
It could be the synchromesh. Try double clutching to see if that helps... I know I have to double clutch second on my Pony... Letting people learn on my car and never changing the oil in the tranny will probably contribute greatly to wear... Try double clutching, see if that helps.
I know the accent trannies are not the strongest ones ever made, also check the linkages. The bushings at the end have been known to fail.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
both should be covered under the warranty?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts