Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually go to one of those do-it-yourself joints, but i always screw up when i dry my car. So far I've tried drying my car with shop towels, torn t-shirts, bath towels but all those things suck. what do you use when you wash your car?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Terry towels to dry and a lamb skin mitten to soap. that Eagle One Wax as you Dry stuff works pretty well between real waxing.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Blue Coral Car Wash Liquid, terry cloth spong, Mothers Gold Class Wax, Absorber Synthetic chamois to dry (these work awesome).

[Edited by rally_wrc on Jul 3, 2003 10:26 AM]

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
yep i use meguiars car wash but mostly water. just 1 drop in a 5 gallon bucket. apply/wash with a cotton mitten thing that you get at autozone and by the time i finish washing one side the rest is somewhat dry and then i use a chamois to dry it off and have no spots ;):

then i rain-x the windows that stuff is badass i tell ya!!!!

im also ashamed to say that ive never waxed my car :dead: maybe ill do it this year :hmmm:

·
Registered
727 Posts
take to car wash and use their crappy soap with lots of simple green for the really tough spots. Driv home and chamois off whatever water remains. Then a coat of meguires #7 polish (bitch to use but works great) followed by a coat of meguires wax. Then the tire shine which is a must

·
Registered
207 Posts
Simple Green will strip your wax right off. Must use a Wax safe wash if you are going to protect your finish.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Why the double post?

[Edited by CarbonV6 on May 7, 2003 9:39 PM]

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have used nothing other Mother's products. Using the 3 phase was system has always work well. 1st use the prewax cleaner, sealer and glaze, and the then the wax. . .I forget what exactly it is called. I always get a mirror like finished that is smooth. I use a power washer to remove and debris that handwashing won't remove. Being careful not to hit any pinstripping or chips(if they exist). I ussually use a wash mit I picked up from Pep Boys. If it ever falls on the groundm, throw it away, any dirt in the mit will call tiny scratches in the paint, those annoying swirl marks. I have found driving around the best way to dry the car.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Meguiars soap stuff.. fun big ol white mit cleanin thing..dry it off with some rags that i bought from pep boys, awesome thier like bright green.. then bust out the bright yellow one for the final dry thing.. and then whine to my dad to wax/polish my car =)
oh and purple tire tint..

·
Registered
320 Posts
I used this rain-x anti-fog stuff on my windshield and rearview. The following day it rained like mad. So humid I wanted to die. Not one single fogged spot on the treated areas. Awesome. I hate that fogging.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
check out autopia.org its a site that caters towars auto detailing. Lemme tell u the info youll find out here about cleaning your car is amazing. Ill never take my car to another car wash forever all your doing is paying $4 to get your paint damaged. Youll become a clean freak after viewin this site a while. By the way I use a supersoft lamp skin mitt to wash using 2 seperate buckets to rinse it out (1 with soapy h20 & 1 with plain water). Meguiars scratch x swirl remover & then meguairs gold glass wax. And dry it off with microfiber towels, there very soft and dont scratch. The car looks great afterwards but its black and gets dirty the next day :devious:. Oh yea I also clay the car it gives the paint that showroom mirror finish.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i use car wash soap and water mixed with some all purpous cleaner. Wheel acid or some all purpous cleaner spray for the wheels. And dry it off with a water obsorber or a shammy. Dont use rags they suck. Dont let the water set or it will leave water spots. Then i do the windows with foaming window cleaner

·
Registered
786 Posts
I go to a car wash close to the columbus outer belt and after i am done i just take the car out for a nice drive and that always gives me a spot free finish.

unless ofcourse i hit traffic on the way to the highway then i get pisse dbut it works out ok most of the time.

that should be good for the occasional wash but when you want it to look superb leather chamois are the best

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Meguiar's products. Nuff said; left the Sonata looking like new both inside and out! :evil:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts